Black Bean Brownies
- 1 cup canned black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 Tbsp ground flax meal
- 2 1/2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut or avocado oil
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease a small baking dish — may use a tiny loaf pan or mini muffin pan.
- Combine flax meal and water. Stir and allow to sit and thicken, about 3 minutes.
- Add beans, oil, cacao, vanilla, sweeteners, baking powder and flax gel in the Tall Cup. Puree until smooth, using shakin’ pulse technique or scraping the sides as needed.
- Pour batter into pan or muffin tin and add desired toppings.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes until the top begins to harden and edges start to crisp.
- Allow to cool before removing from the pan